Dear Catch 22 Supporters,
As we head into Week 3 of the election, Catch 22 has been laying the groundwork necessary to achieve our #1 campaign objective - getting our message out to voters in target ridings. These voters will likely determine the outcome on May 2. We need to add more people to help us expand our campaign.
We have immediate openings for volunteers to help build the central campaign and local riding groups
- help recruit and identify campaign coordinators in our target ridings across the country - (solid people and organizing skills required) (six hours over the next four days);
- liaise with and support local campaign coordinators in target ridings for the duration of the campaign - (solid people and organizing skills required) (ten hours per week for the three remaining weeks of the campaign);
- people who would like to put their names forward for consideration as campaign coordinators in specific targeted ridings to help with activities such as identifying and increasing the number local supporters, coordinating the distribution of Catch 22 literature to meetings, spreading the word about the campaign, acting as a local spokesperson or identifying someone who will, etc.(organizing experience a major asset) (at least 2 or 3 hours per day until May 1)
- working with our Youth/Student outreach co-ordinator to get our message out to young voters in Catch 22 targeted ridings; (familiarity with current technologies an asset);
- help organize the circulation of Catch 22 information among seniors in Catch 22 targeted ridings;
- online outreach to large groups of individuals, networks, websites, and bloggers (good knowledge & experience with online research and distribution as asset);
We will be putting out another call for volunteers in the next couple of days for other tasks. In the meantime, we are using our local online groups to bring people together for networking, information sharing and organizing. If you are in or near a target riding, please join a group if you haven't done so already.
We will be sending out an overall campaign update in the next couple of days.
On behalf of the Catch 22 team,